Friday, October 5, 2007

Day 33 (It's So Easy)

It's so easy :0)

Why am I saying it's so easy? Well let me tell you. I've come to a conclusion that if you can get your cardio and weight training done first thing in the morning then the rest of the day is a piece of cake. No not cake, a shake :) We can't eat cakes unless it's your free day.

I've been getting in a good habit of getting up earlier in the mornings and doing my cardio. I've realized by doing this that the only thing I have to do the rest of the day besides work is to eat on time. Sometimes I'm hungry within 2-3 hours and sometimes I'm not. But I still eat. If I can't eat it all, I don't not force it down.

Now that I have weights at home I can wake up in the mornings and work on my upper body. I will still go to the gym once or twice a week, depending on how I started my week, to do my lower body because there I can do leg presses and things like that which I can not get at home. This will make life so much easier for me. Before I was going to the gym 3 times a week to do weight training and I had to wait in the afternoons because my future spouse and I workout together. She is not a morning person so I had to wait to go in the afternoons to do my workouts. I always did cardio at home. Then after we got back from the gym it was six or six thirty in the evening and I barely had time to fix my meals within the hours I had. Well no more. Life is so much easier if you can get a set of dumbbells and a bench. I know not all of you can do that. So, if you can somehow get to bed earlier and wake up early to go to the gym then try that. I promise you this, your day will be so much easier.

This is why I say, ITS SO EASY :0)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Boyd I am digging it ! Easy is right.... just like you said. You are more than 1/3 DONE! Keep up the awesome work and STOP doing videos when you drive- it scares me!
AND if you could please tell me you can leg press more than this little woman! Amy aka amasue

Jay said...

I hear you. Working out at home lets you do it on your schedule at your pace, without the fuss of other people. No driving, no worry about how you look, no waiting for machines, and you can crank up the music you like.

Unknown said...

Boyd, I had to comment on getting up and getting your workout done in the mornings. Regardless of what your workout routine consists of, that feeling of accomplishment early in the morning cannot be replaced.

Once I finish my workout I can hold my head high and know that I have done more good for myself that the majority of people in the world. It really helps me stay strong as I get going with the day. My days can become very filled with stress related to short time frames, issues with co workers and expectations that cannot be met. Having my workout in really helps me meet these challenges.

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I was going to write something similar. Will check this blog more often I think.